What is Raw Hair
Hey there! Are you planning on getting your first raw hair and wish to know how it differs from other hair types? Or you are curious about this raw hair everyone is talking about? Hang on – for this article entails everything you need to know about raw hair.
What is raw hair
Raw hair is hair that has never been altered by steam or chemical processed in any way. It is 100% Unprocessed Human Hair, which means that it has not been permed or steam treated to alter its natural state.
Equally, raw hair is the most authentic hair on the market today, as it is 100% natural hair collected from a real human being. Raw hair has become a popular choice for many buyers because it acts just like your own natural hair and it blends well with all hair types.
In addition, raw hair only comes in the textures of curly, wavy, and straight. There is no such thing as a deep wave, kinky curly, body wave, etc. when dealing with raw hair. You only find those textures when dealing with virgin hair.
What makes raw hair different from others
There are many reasons raw hair stands out among any other hair. Not just because it is the highest quality of hair in the market, but raw hair has many qualities other hair don’t. Let’s take a look at these qualities, shall we?
- Raw hair comes with all its cuticles intact, which are naturally aligned in one direction to prevent it from matting and tangling. Also, every bundle of raw hair is unique because each hair from a donor has a distinct natural hair pattern. Therefore no raw hair is the same.
2. Raw hair texture is the best. They are usually more coarse in texture when compared to other hair types like virgin hair. Clearly, some hair vendors sell silky hair as raw hair to their unsuspecting customers in the name of authentic hair. You should be wary when your raw hair comes so silky sis.
A good advantage of coarse hair is that, if you’re into curls- it does hold a curl for at least 4 weeks without you having to re-curl it. While silky virgin hair doesn’t last with curls, max hold for a curl is around 2 days.
3. Raw hair is usually double drawn due to an additional process it undergoes during sorting. This process allows shorter hair to be removed by hand and not by a machine. Therefore, making the hair full and thick from top to bottom. On the other hand, other hair types are majorly single drawn.
4. Another benefit of raw hair is that it takes to bleaching or coloring than most other hair types. Although we advise you to use a professional and good quality colouring materials. Since it is is hair from another human being, it must be treated with the exact amount of care.
5. Also, other hair types could get burned or matted easily during bleaching or colouring. This is because the hair has previously been chemically treated so adding more chemicals just damages the cuticles of the hair.
Above all, raw hair lasts longer than other hair types. It could last anywhere between 3 to 5 years, whilst other hair would have a life span of around 6 months to 2 years.
There is a reason why raw hair is the most expensive hair type on the market today because it has a lot more benefits than other hair types. When you buy raw hair, you are paying for more quality. Most other hair types come as a cheaper alternative to it.
We advise you to invest wisely Queens. We hope this article was helpful?
Be informed darlings! xx